A WO with a budget / quotation associated with it cannot be edited until the budget/ quotation has been approved.
To add a budget /quotation to a WO, do the following:
1. In the Kanban View, click on the “Budget” symbol that appears in the WO tile (it only appears in WOs that have been created with this option).
2. A new window will appear where the different budgets associated with the execution of the WO must be added. Click the “Add” button to add a budget
1. Fill in the budget information in the fields provided
2. Once completed, click the “Save” button to save the changes and create the budget
Finally, once the budgets have been added, the budget approval will have to be carried out. This can be done directly from the WOs or Budgets module.
Finally, once the budgets have been added, you just need to approve them, which can be done directly from the WOs or Budgets module.
Approving a budget /quotation from the Work Orders module
1. Select the budget option from the Kanban WO tile and in the budgets window click the dropdown button
2. In the dropdown choose the “Approve budget” option
3. Click “Yes” to confirm the budget approval. The process is now complete
Approving a budget from the Budgets module
1. Open the “Budgets” module found under the Work Management module in the main menu
2. Budgets that require approval are displayed with a red icon. Select the budget you want to approve and click the red “approve budget” icon
3. Click “Yes” to confirm the budget approval
4. Add the approver’s name and comments, if required, in the window that appears
5. Click the “Save” button to save the changes and complete the budget approval process
Finally, the WO will now be enabled for editing and execution.
Note: When approving a budget, it will not automatically be reflected in the resources added to the WO.